Take the Walk-n-Roll challenge on Friday May 19, 2006 by walking and biking to work. By adding physical activity into your busy life you can gain tremendous health benefits and be eligible to win great prizes.
How do you do it?
There are lots of ways you can participate.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Walk or bike from your home to your office
- Walk or bike with your child to school
- Take the SKAT bus; get off one-half to one mile away from your office and walk
- Take the SKAT bus; get off five miles away from your office and bike to work
- Walk, bike or drive to one of the organized group led events. Leave your car and walk or bike to your office.
- Carpool to work. Walk from your office to a meeting or lunch appointment that you normally would have driven to.
To register your participation complete the online entry form between May 19 and May 28, 2006. No pre-registration is necessary. Prizes will be awarded, by a random drawing, of all registered participants on Friday, June 2. Click here to view a current list of this year's prizes and sponsors.
To find out about organized group walks and bike rides in your community, click here. If you would like to volunteer and lead a walk or bike ride, click here to register your walk or bike trip.
Invite others to join you or organize your work site to participate in Walk-n-Roll!